What is “re/START”?
• reStart is an AWS digital skills programme collaborated between Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) and the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation. With the support of the World Bank, the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT (GI-KACE) is hosting some of the training in Accra, Sunyani, Kumasi and Bolga.
• The “re/START” initiative would focus on youth, unemployed or underemployed individuals, persons with disabilities (PWDs), and furlough workers, with or without a technology background; by providing the necessary skills that would lead to career paths in emerging technologies; including, but not limited to cloud computing, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity.
The re/Start initiative is in line with the Government of Ghana’s agenda to equip the working force with 21st-century skills to create businesses as well as source for jobs in emerging technologies.
Goals and Objectives
- To create an enabling environment for Ghanaian youth and entrepreneurs to thrive in the global technology ecosystem through digital skilling.
- Train 1,550 people in digital skills leading to career paths in emerging technologies
- Increase the digital technology competence among the youth population in Ghana
- Increase the digital entrepreneurship capabilities for youth in Ghana.
- Reduce the rate of youth unemployment through digital skills.
- Unemployed youth or graduates
- Working professionals who want to skill up in emerging technology
- Furlough workers who desire to reskill
- People who want to chart a career path in ICT
- Females are encouraged to apply (the purpose of the initiative is to bridge the gender gap
- 8 months for the project
- Amazon Web Services- Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification (AWS CCP) is currently ongoing in Sunyani and Accra
- Application opens on 14th November 2023 for the other 6 trainings
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Data Analytics – Power Business Intelligence (BI)
- Data Analytics using Python
- Data Science
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Microsoft Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Amazon Web Services – Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification (AWS CCP)
Mode of Registration
- Available on the GI-KACE website and all GI-KACE social media platforms